Sunday, March 30, 2014

High-End Favs

All Products In This Post Purchased By Me

High-End Favorites

I hope you enjoyed my recent tutorial series.  Now that you have seen some of my go-to looks, I thought I would share some of my favorite products that are the magic behind my makeup creations. While I use products at all price points, there are certain higher end products that I truly feel are worth the splurge. I've tested tons of products and honestly feel that the top five in this post are worth their higher price tag. For more of my high-end favorites, check out my Pitnerest board. My user name is MakeupMattes1.  I recently created a board called High-End Favs where you can see all of my favorite products and brands at a higher price point.  In keeping with this theme, I will also be doing a post of my favorite budget friendly buys to help guide you through which drugstore products are truly a steal.

Here are my top five favorite high-end beauty products:

#1 Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum -   This is one of the first items I tried from the brand Hourglass. I have repurchased it multiple times over because it is truly a staple in my kit.  As the name suggests, this is a dual purpose product. It can be used both as a skin serum, and as a primer under your makeup.  In the winter, my skin tends to be much more on the dry side, and this primer has been a life saver to help nourish and hydrate my face. This product feels super luxurious and contains 14 essential oils as well as vitamins to nurture and rejuvenate the skin.  At $65 an ounce, this product is not cheap by any means, but the result it provides, makes this well worth the hefty price tag in my book. If you have tried primers before, but haven't really liked them, I suggest you try this one.  Everyone I know who has tried this just loves it. If there is one thing worth investing in, it's your skin. 


#2 Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer - While this product is sold as a tinted moisturizer, I really think of it more as a foundation that works well for those with a drier skin type.  This product contains SPF15 and helps even out skin tone while leaving a healthy looking dewy glow. The coverage is light, yet this can easily be worn solo with a little added concealer in spots that need it. I especially recommend this product for those with more mature skin that don't want to wear a heavy foundation. If I could only have one foundation for the rest of my life, it would likely be one from Hourglass. It doesn't look like I am wearing foundation when I have it on, it just looks like I have really amazing skin. Isn't that what we all want from our foundation? 

 Hourglass Tinted Moisturizer Retails for $55
Above swatch in the color Ivory 

#3 Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette - While many brands make brow gel, this one is my Holy Grail.  This tube has made countless trips with me, and when I am packing light for a trip, is the one thing that always gets packed first. In my professional kit, I use the clear shade, but personally, I tend to favor Brunette.  On days when I am particularly lazy and don't feel like doing my full brow routine, I can still brush through this tinted brow gel for a more complete look.  I have tried other tinted brow gels from other brands, but Anastasia just gets the color perfect, and no other brand holds my brows in place all day like this one does. This product also helps thin brows look a bit fuller and thicker. With full brows still quite popular, I highly recommend this product for everyone. It comes in quite a few shades so you are sure to find one that works with your coloring. 

 Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel Retails for $22 at Beautylish.com
  Above is a swatch of Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette

#4 Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This eye primer is an absolute staple in my kit. I use this as the base for nearly every eye look I create. I literally use this every day and can't imagine my life without it. I always keep multiple tubes handy and on the rare occasion I have tried to do my eyeshadow without it I notice a huge difference. I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion, and I have to say, this product is much better. I find I am able to get a much longer wear time with my eyeshadow.  With this layered underneath, most of my eye looks stay looking fresh an average of seven hours before any noticeable fading or creasing. 

 Above is a mini size that came included with an eyeshadow palette
TFSI retails for $20 for the full size.
This product provides full coverage on the eyelids to help 
block out any veins that show through the lid. It is my HG eyeshadow
primer, as it prevents creasing and creates a smooth base for eyeshadow

#5. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar - The primary lip product I use in my professional kit is OCC's lip tar. They come in a large variety of colors, which come packaged in a convenient squeeze tube. I love that I can just squeeze a pea size amount onto my palette and mix colors to create my own unique shade. These are completely vegan, and the brand does offer a makeup artist discount if you shop through their site. The original lip tar is a matte formula, but the brand has now branched out to create stains, and metallic formulations as well. I even mix in loose pigments with these sometimes to create a truly unique look. These are super opaque and each comes with a mini lip brush. I purchased many of mine in sets and use the full size lip brush from the brand to apply. These are basically liquid lipsticks that are super pigmented. I love the matte formula best, as they can be turned into a metallic, or gloss can be layered over top for added shine. I also love that the brand makes a white and black shade which are great for mixing. The color selection is unparalleled, and these are an absolute must have in my book.  The 0.33 oz. size retails for $18, but sets are often available at a better value.  The brand offers full-size and mini tubes now, which is quite convenient, as it is quite difficult to finish an entire tube since you need so little product per each use. 

 Above is the full size tube which is 0.33 Fl Oz.
Above is a swatch of the color Memento (matte midtone pink plum)

I hope you enjoyed this look at my favorite high-end beauty products.  Please make sure you are subscribed so you never miss a post!  

Please share your favorite high-end beauty products in the comments below. 

*All products in this post were purchased by me. I was not paid to write about these products. 

Related Links:

   

1 comment:

  1. Nice Info! This is very true that make up really matters for a woman while they go for party or any special occasion.

    Herbal Beauty Salon in New York | Herbal Beauty Salon in Valley Stream

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all.